Robert Triggs / Android Authority
- Fitbit is finishing fortify for the Adventures and Demanding situations options within the Fitbit app.
- Fitbit may be shutting down the Open Teams social function.
- Customers will nonetheless have the ability to create closed teams and compete with pals.
An afternoon after celebrating its birthday, Fitbitâs social media crew unearths itself busy replying to indignant consumers. What are the ones customers indignant about? The corporate is finishing two of its gamification options and the social networking function.
Again in February, Fitbit introduced it deliberate on shutting down the group and social options that was once one of the crucial corporateâs strengths. The closing date they set was once for March 27, which is nowadays. In consequence, Fitbit app customers will now not have the ability to use Demanding situations, Adventures, or the Open Teams social function.
In keeping with the corporate:
- Open teams will now not be to be had â however you’ll be able to nonetheless create a closed staff with your pals and hook up with different customers within the Fitbit Neighborhood on our Well being & Wellness boards.
- All Demanding situations and Adventures, together with trophies, will now not be to be had, however you’ll be able to nonetheless compete with pals for your leaderboard and earn badges for private achievements.
When youâre questioning why this is going on, itâs reportedly a part of a larger technique. In keeping with The Verge, the transfer follows Fitbitâs plan to higher combine Googleâs era. The group claims that those options had been of ârestricted use.â In Fitbitâs personal phrases, itâs a procedure geared toward âstreamlining spaces of the Fitbit app.â
This newest construction in Fitbitâs tale falls at the heels of Googleâs announcement to ultimately close down Fitbit accounts. In 2022, Fitbit said that it could proceed to fortify Fitbit accounts till 2025. However the group mentioned would offer additional info on that during 2023 when the corporate is as regards to launching Google accounts on Fitbit.